Code of Conduct
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE OFFICERS AND OTHER EMPLOYEES OF THE INSTITUTE
The Head of the Institute/Principal is an administrative and academic Head of the College and shall be responsible for:
- Academic growth of the College (participation in teaching, research, and extension activities).
- Assisting in planning and implementation of academic programs such as orientation courses, seminars, in service and other training programs organized by the Institute for academic competence of the faculty members.
- Assessing performance appraisal of teachers.
- Any other work relating to the Institute as may be assigned to him/her by the Competent Authority from time to time.
- Admissions of students and maintaining discipline.
The Academic coordinator shall be responsible for:
- To prepare the lecture and practical schedule of the faculty.
- To ensure punctual and smooth running of the academic schedule.
- To monitor and ensure 100 percent attendance of the students.
- To check the lecture plan and the practical plan of the subject teachers and to take a review whether the schedule is being followed as per the plan.
The Examination In-Charge shall be responsible for:
- Estimation of stationary requirements for sessional exams and end examinations (both theory and Labs) – Printing of answers Booklets for internal examinations.
- Preparation of internal examination time table for both theory and Practical’s.
- Coordinating the works of the examination arrangement for both Diploma and Bachelor Degree during the sessional/University/Board examination.
- Conduct of both internal examination and University Examination.
- Distributing the answer scripts to the respective subject in charge for checking and receiving back to store in examination control room.
- Collection of attendance/internal marks in prescribed format from the subject in-charges.
- Getting the panel of internal examiners list approval for the Dean/ Principal.
- Liasioning with the DBATU University and MSBTE.
- Detained list and promotion list – Preparation of nominal rolls
- Any other related works
The TPO shall be responsible for:
- To conduct entrepreneurship programs, awareness camps and programs for personality development for students.
- To counsel students for education/job opportunities.
- To arrange campus interviews.
- To promote Industry-Institute Interaction for internships sponsored projects, placement etc.
- To provide guidance for competitive exams ex. GPAT, NIPER, TOEFL. etc.
The faculty shall be responsible for:
- Development of teaching material, planning of lessons, setting up laboratories and experiment, unscheduled teaching activities such student counseling, setting and grading test papers, arranging and conducting tests, conduct of university examinations, implementation of project for students, setting and evaluation.
- Curriculum Development as per the ever expanding demand of knowledge and changing needs of the industry.
- Administration which may be departmental and or institutional as member/convener of some committee.
- Professional activities i.e. involvement in professional and technical societies.
- Continuing education activities both as on organizer instructor and as a participant.
- Organizing sports events for the students time to time and shall also promote team
- Working as a part of a team is always encouraged to make the students competitive.
- Taking regular updates of performance of the students under their guardian ship and counseling them as an when needed addressing to their academic, health or any other personal problems.
a) Anti-Ragging Committee
The committee will be responsible for the following:
- They will form duty chart & carryout regular checks for any Ragging activity in their areas.
- They will carry-out surprise checks in probable areas of ragging.
- In case of any incidence noticed on the spot, assessment of the incidence be made and necessary action to be taken and inform the control cell immediately.
- Each squad in charge will make detailed duty plan in respect of his squad and forward a list copy of the same to the control room.
- Every squad in charge will brief all members of his squad about their duties / action regarding anti ragging.
- In case of inadequacy of the member detailed in their respective teams, they may float additional requirements to the in charge of anti-ragging committee.
b) Women Grievance Cell
The cell will be responsible for the following:
- To resolve issues pertaining to girls’/women’s sexual harassment.
- To equip the female students, faculty and staff members with knowledge of their legal rights.
- To safeguard the rights of female students, faculty and staff members.
- To provide a platform for listening to complaints and redressed of grievances.
- To incorporate hygiene habits and ensure a healthy atmosphere in and around the college.
- To ensure personality along with academic development of students.
c) Committee for SC/ST
The committee will be responsible for the following:
- To investigate and monitor all matters relating to the safeguards provided for the Scheduled Castes under this Constitution or under any other law for the time being in Force or under any order of the Government and to evaluate the working of such safeguards.
- To inquire into specific complaints with respect to the deprivation of rights and safeguards of the Scheduled Castes.
- To participate and advise on the planning process of socio-economic development of the Scheduled Castes and to evaluate the progress of their development.
d) Internal Complaints Committee
The committee will be responsible for the following:
- To understand what is Workplace Harassment and how women are prone to it.
- To know the statutory implication by Indian legislature to control Workplace harassment.
- To suggest Standard Operating Procedures to transform the organizations as safe workplace for women.
e) Alumni Association Committee
The committee will be responsible for the following:
- Maintaining and updating alumni database.
- Organizing Annual Alumni Meet.
- Continuous liaisoning with alumni for curriculum enrichment, activities of entrepreneurship development cell etc.
- The Office Superintendent shall have the powers to take disciplinary action against the non-teaching staff working in the department/institutions. Ordinarily such disciplinary action shall be taken with the recommendation of the concerned head of the Department /Head of the institute.
- It shall be the responsibility of the Office Superintendent, subject to the control of the Executive Council, to enter into agreement, sign documents and authenticate records on behalf of the institute.
- The Office Superintendent shall be the custodian of the records, the common seal and such other property of the institute.
- The Office Superintendent shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as are prescribed, or are required from time to time by the Principal and managing committee.
The Cultural Committee shall be responsible for all intra and inter collegiate cultural events in the College.
- To plan and schedule cultural events for the academic year. (Tentative dates to be included in the academic calendar of the institute.)
- To prepare budget for all cultural events and take necessary steps for its approval.
- The Convener of the committee shall conduct a meeting of the committee to discuss and delegate task.
Procedure to organize cultural events:
- To prepare the Annual Budget for various cultural event.
- To obtain formal permission from the College authorities to arrange program.
- To decide the date, time and agenda of the program.
- To inform members of staff and students about the event.
- To arrange the venue and logistics (audio/video system, dais, podium etc).
- To invite the Chief Guest and other dignitaries.
- To arrange mementos for guests and gifts/certificates for the participants.
- The committee shall display on the Notice Board/Website information about festivals to be celebrate.
Events arranged for students in coordination with ‘Students Cultural Committee’ are
- Fresher’s Day
- Teachers’ Day
- Festival Celebrations
- Pharmacist Day
- National Science Day
- E. Farewell
- “SPANDAN” Cultural festival (Annual Day)
The Cultural Committee shall also be responsible for organizing the following events:
- FE Induction Program
- Independence Day
- Republic Day
- Maharashtra Day
- Women’s Day
- Marathi Bhasha Divas
- To prepare and maintain records of all cultural activities.
- Any other duties the Director / Principal may assign.
The Sport In-charge shall be responsible for:
- To prepare sports calendar and an action plan to implement the same.
- To suggest the methods which encourage students and faculty to utilize sports and games facilities available in the college.
- To take up the responsibility of preparing the budget estimate, requirement of infra-structure and equipment, maintaining the equipment and play fields.
- Selection of teams to represent the college in inter-collegiate tournaments and also the intramural tournaments.
- To prepare the details of attendance to be given to the students representing college in various sports and games.
- To increase the cordial relations between students and faculty by organizing exhibition games between the teams of students and faculty wherever possible.
- Check books in and out of the library and Assemble and arrange display materials.
- Review and evaluate resource material, such as book reviews and catalogs.
- Direct and train library staff in duties such as receiving, shelving, researching, cataloging, and equipment use.
- Organize collections of books, publications, documents, audiovisual aids, and other reference materials for convenient access.
- Develop library policies and procedures.
- The Security Officer shall be under the direct control of the Office Superintendent and shall assist the Registrar in maintaining security of the Campus, and of its movable immovable property.
- He shall be responsible in respect of All routine matters pertaining to the recruitment of security staff, their posting, substitute appointments, sanctioning of all kinds of leave to them, transferring of the Watchman from one place to another and to take the, disciplinary actions, if any, against them.
- In case of major disciplinary action, the approval of the Office Superintendent shall be obtained. He shall perform such other duties and functions as may by assigned to him by the Registrar from time to time.
- To exercise, check and to follow up the incoming letters received from the University Colleges/Students etc.
- To ensure the prompt dispatch of letters.
- To arrange filing of the papers and arrange files in order, year-wise and subject-wise.
- To maintain calendar of periodical returns for incoming and outgoing, separately.
- To attend to such other work that may be assigned to him with the approval of the Office Superintendent.
- To assist students and teachers in conducting practical and experiments.
- To maintain dead stock register and register of consumable materials and to undertake physical stock verification of laboratory materials.
- To assist the In-charge of Laboratory in purchase and procurement of laboratory materials.
- To supervise the work of laboratory attendants working under him.
- To assist the In-charge of laboratory in routine administrative matters and to ensure that the laboratory facilities are not misused by any person
- To report about breakages/losses in laboratory, to his superiors.
- To report to In-charge of laboratory about misbehaviors inside the laboratory.
- To ensure that all the cupboards, doors, windows and gates are properly closed by the laboratory attendants.
- To attend to such other duties as may be specially brought to his notice, with the approval of the Head of the Department.
- To render physical assistance to students, teachers and other Laboratory Staff in movement of laboratory equipment, instruments chemical and other materials within and outside the laboratory.
- To assist Laboratory Assistant and other laboratory staff in physical stock verification of laboratory equipment, instruments, chemicals and other materials.
- To render physical assistance to students and teachers in conducting practical and experiments.
- To report about loss of laboratory equipment and other materials to his superiors.
- To open and to lock cupboards, doors, windows and gates of laboratory.
- To attend to delivery of letters connected with laboratory and its staff.
- To attend to such other duties which are assigned to him by the Laboratory staff, with the approval of In-charge of the Laboratory.
- To open windows etc. in morning and switch on fans and lights and closing to close the same, when not required.
- Do dustings of office furniture, machines, files, table equipment, switch on light and fans and switch them off when not required, remove and replace covers of machines, filling up inkpots.
- Do the work of opening, pasting and sorting and arranging paper and circulars in accordance with instructions of the Section Officer/ Head.
- Carry messages, papers, registers, files, circulars, bags, portable size etc., from one place to another inside office or outside as the case may be.
- Carry papers, franking machines, etc., within building and other such portable items (office equipment) from one place to another.
- Serve drinking water to employees and to visitors, when required.
- Any other work as may be assigned to him by the concerned officer from time to time.
- The Principal shall assign duties to non-teaching employees working under them, as per the needs/requirements of the concerned, from time to time.
The students shall be responsible for…
- Ragging/Annoyance/Harassment/Bulling in any form is banned in the college campus.
- The attendance of Students must be regular in theory and practical classes.
- Failing to comply 75% mandatory attendance, students shall not be granted promotion to the next term.
- Wearing of college I-Card is compulsory in college premises, otherwise disciplinary action shall be followed.
- It is mandatory to keep Mobile phones on the switch off mode/ `Silent mode' in the college premises.
- Students should report into the class room in complete college uniform and in presentable attire.
- Use of Internet for the purpose other than academic related activities is banned in the college campus.
- Smoking and use of alcohol/drugs is strictly prohibited in the college campus.
- Students are advised to read the notice board on daily basis.
- Students are strictly prohibited to use plastic bags in the campus.
- Students should use dustbin to dispose waste materials.
- Students are strictly instructed to turn off: taps and electric appliances after use.
- Any damage to the college property shall be penalized.
- In any event, if the college property is damaged or suffers a financial loss by student’s misbehavior, the concerned student will be liable for compensation.
- Writing on class room walls, desks, benches, doors, toilet walls or pasting of posters on the wall are strictly prohibited.
- Students should not create any disturbance in the academic, administrative, sports, social or other activities either in the college campus or outside in community.
- Students should not behave in any manner which may harm the dignity of any individual in the college
- College restricts to distribute, display or publish any unauthorized material, which may be in the form of poster, notice, signature campaign, electronic or Internet posting.
- Possessing, distributing or using forbidden materials like alcoholic drinks, narcotic drugs, obscene videos and pictures in print or electronic form is strictly not allowed.
- Any act of theft of either college property or belongings of staff or student will invite serious disciplinary action.
- Any type of misconduct during industrial visits and educational tours arranged by the college will be dealt with serious disciplinary action.